My Sister's Keeper - The Book

I decided to buy and read this book after I saw the trailer of the movie based on the book. The movie starred Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin. I was initially reluctant to read the book as I read one of Jodi Picoult's book called The Tenth Circle and I remembered that I didn't like it all that much. However, after watching the trailer and loving the story line, and hearing good reviews about the movie, I decided to read it. The books which movies are based on are usually much better than the movies themselves, aren't they?

The book is about a 13-year-old Anna who sues her parents for medical emancipation - for the right to decide what she wants to do with her body medically. You see, she is conceived and born to be the perfect genetic match to her older sister Kate, who has life-threatening leukemia. Considering the topic, it is not surprising that I ended up crying while reading the book.

I also like the way the book is written. The story is told from the various viewpoints of all the different characters in the book. It builds the characters slowly and allows readers to understand the characters better as the story progresses.

I highly recommend the book, but if you are still not convinced, watch the trailer and decide for yourself. I hope to watch this movie soon, and hopefully, it wouldn't disappoint.

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children