Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2011


The best trends, destinations, journeys and experiences for the upcoming year.  That was what the Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2011 was all about. Flipping through the pages brought out the wanderlust in me (not that it wasn't already there before). It inspires me to visit more places this year and put more places into my travel wish list.

There are some places that I had been in the last few of years...
  • Japan - Top 10 Countries
  • Cappadocia, Turkey - Top 10 Regions
  • New York City - Top 10 Cities
and a couple of places that I am planning to go this year...
  • Italy - Top 10 Countries
  • Chiang Mai - Top 10 Cities
and many more that I would love to go one day. 

In the list of top 10 best things to do in 2011 was "write a postcard". In this day and age, writing with a pen on a postcard with stamp is fast becoming a lost art. I would like to do more of this, although the last time I sent postcards (from Turkey), only 2 out of the 6 postcards I sent out actually reached the intended recipients!

Here are some of the lists to bring out the wanderlust in you!
Hope that this will inspire you to travel more and see more of the world!

{ Here are the places I've been and books I've read }
 

Popular posts from this blog

Where would I go after this pandemic?

Statues of naked men

Central Vietnam with Children